Tech-no-borders

Tech for all its worth - Primero(1st)™

I've moved my blog to http://fusedthought.wordpress.com and my portfolio to http://fusedthought.zoomcities.ws.

The new blog will integrate technology news as well as my personal blog all into one so that it'll be kept more up-to-date and easier for me to keep track. Cheers.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Apple Safari 3 (Now on Windows!)

Apple's standard compliant safari browser version 3 has entered into public beta. According to Apple, it is 2 times faster than Internet Explorer.

Web Developers which has been bound by Windows (like me) has reasons to cheer as now it is possible to test websites in Safari without the need to break my piggy bank to buy a Mac.

I would love a Mac but no financial funding to do so. Thus the news on Safari on Windows is highly welcomed.

By bringing Safari to Windows, Apple should have given Microsoft a jab to bring Internet Explorer even more standard compliant than now. Safari, based on the WebKit open source project, which is a standard compliant web rendering engine.

In my view, Internet Explorer, though more standards aware, still has a long way to go. Some developers (like me) still have to resort to using JavaScript workarounds (for example, Dean Edwards IE7 script) to get IE to behave and understand CSS which follows closely to standards.

No comments:

Primero(1st)™ Layout (With customization for Tech-no-borders) by GenSephyr. Copyright © 2007 GenSephyr All Rights Reserved

Site designed with Open Source Technologies.